Dyslexia Friendly Book of the Year 2015
They say you can't outrun a bullet - what if you could stop one?
When Troy is caught up in a terrorist attack that takes the lives of his parents, he discovers an amazing power - bullets can't harm him.
Soon he is recruited into a secret organisation where he meets Kasia, a girl with her own remarkable talent, and the two put their powers to use. Exhilarating action meets heart-pounding suspense in the first title of this trilogy.
Winner of 'Quick Read 2017’ book award
The BULLETCATCHER series is published by Barrington Stoke:
Once a reader is hooked by a story, research shows that their reading ability actually improves. Barrington Stoke books are edited and designed to minimise some of the obstacles that can stop struggling, reluctant or dyslexic readers really getting hooked by a book. The books don’t patronise and since they’re by the best authors in the business there’s no stigma attached to being seen reading them.
The tricks we use to make the books accessible include:
- Short word lengths so readers can enjoy the achievement of finishing a book
- Lots of chapter breaks so readers can take a rest
- Special edit processes, with trialling by children of the correct reading age
- Cream paper which minimises glare
- Our own dyslexia-friendly font
- Special line, character and paragraph spacing
- Lots of illustration in lower reading-age titles to help with understanding