Scott is selected as a games tester for Virtual Kombat, the most realistic fighting video game ever invented - so real it hurts!
Once a Gamer enters the fighting world, it becomes hard to distinguish between what is real and what is not.
Scott must work his way up the ranks to make it out alive, but when friend and rival Kate fails to return from the Virtual Arena, Scott begins to wonder if it's more than just a game...
An action-packed dystopian novel particularly suitable for reluctant, struggling or dyslexic readers.
Published by Barrington Stoke BUY HERE
TRILOGY COMING 2018
- Leicester Our Best Book Award 2015 (shortlist)
- The Brilliant Book Award 2014 (nominated)
- Dyslexia Action Recommended Title
- 'An explosive action-packed story...The fabulous lenticular jacket, featuring Scott and Kate posed ready to fight in Virtual Kombat, is going to make this the must-have book.’ – Armadillo Magazine (an independent children's book magazine)
- ‘A thought provoking read which is excellent for highlighting the dangers of video games crossing over into reality’ – Parentsintouch.co.uk
- ‘Cracking book...has all of the action and adrenaline of Young Samurai’ – Aidan, Amazon Reviewer
- 'The first person narrative, fast-moving plot and holographic cover will engage the target audience, reluctant readers of 9 upwards.' School Librarian Journal
- 'The action never stops... perfect for children who are used to the high adrenaline experience of a video game.' thebookbag.co.uk
- 'Such an exciting and gripping story that my eyes couldn't leave the pages for even a second. You are really missing out if you do not read this novel.' Guardian Children's website